The Dedalo-Minosse International Prize for commissioning a buliding, originally created in Vicenza (Italy), the city of Palladio, is promoted by the association for professional architects, ALA-Assoarchitetti, in collaboration with “L’ARCA”, the international architecture and design review.
The Prize has originated from a conviction that the framework for creating good works of architecture is not only determined at the design level; but that, every successful result will confirm that also the client plays a stimulating, constructive and culturally mature role.
The Jury will award the Prize, within the terms of the law and this rules, to Clients who have collaborated harmoniously with an architect to successfully create works of particular value.
The Jury will assign the following awards:
- The Dedalo-Minosse International Prize 2003/04, to a client who has commissioned a professional architect from any country in the world;
- The Dedalo-Minosse International Prize 2003/04 (Under- 40s), to a client who has commissioned a young professional architect from any country in the world;
- The ALA-Assoarchitetti Prize, to a client who has commissioned an Italian professional architect;
- The ALA-Assoarchitetti Prize (Under- 40s), to a client who has commissioned a young Italian professional architect;
- A special Prize from Caoduro Lucernari S.p.A., to a client who has managed to commission a work having particular quality in the treatment of natural light;
The Jury will assign other awards, which will be given by supporters and sponsors.
- from September 15th 2003 to February 27th 2004
- Olympic Theatre, Vicenza, May 14th 2004
- Palladian Basilica, Vicenza, Italy, May 14th - July 11th
- February 27th 2004